Thoughts and contributions regarding this list are welcome. If you know of a resource that could help a pilot return to the cockpit, please contact us.
This list is presented in the order that resources were identified. Not all of the links work. You may have to cut and paste the URL into your browser.
1: Inverted: Looking Back on Walking Away by Chuck Hagerty
2. Illusions II: The Adventures of a Reluctant Student by Rich Bach
3. The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, by Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
4. The PTSD Workbook: Simple, Effective Techniques for Overcoming Traumatic Stress Symptoms (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook) by Mary Beth Williams PhD LCSW CTS (Author), Soili Poijula PhD (Author)
5. Conquering Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, by Victoria Lemle Beckner and John B. Arden
6. Growing Beyond Survival: A Self-Help Toolkit for Managing Traumatic Stress
by Elizabeth Vermilyea, 2000
7. How I Overcame My Trauma & PTSD | Self-help guide & workbook | Mindfulness Based Trauma Treatment, by Philippe Izmailov
10. The PTSD Workbook: Simple, Effective Techniques for Overcoming Traumatic Stress Symptoms, by Mary Beth Williams
11. What We Can Learn From WWII Flyers About Surviving Ordeals, by Ian Darling
12. "Jeffrey Cain No Limitations": AOPA Magazine, December, 2014
13. DVD "Flying Again" http://www,FlyingAgainMovie.com
14. "PTSD Horror in the Mind: by Mark Tyrrell
15. AOPA Safety Video featuring a pilot who lost his son due to an aircraft accident:
16. https://www.drugrehab.com/co-occurring-disorder/ptsd/ (This is a commercial site from a company
that contacted BTTC offering to assist. They do have information regarding PTSD as it relates to
concurrent drug abuse issues. It is offered as information without any endorsement by BTTC.
17. “PTS(D) on a Shoestring Budget”, by Michael Crystel, MSW.
18. Healing on a Shoestring: https://sites.google.com/site/healingonashoestring/
19. 1.“When Someone You Love Suffers from Posttraumatic Stress”, by Claudia Zayfert, PhD and Jason C. DeViva, PhD
20. US Department of Veterans Affairs, PTSD: National Center for PTSD: www.ptsd.va.gov/ptsd/public/ptsd-overview/basics/index.asp
21. US Department of Veterans Affairs PTSD Coach App: http://www.ptsd.va.gov/PTSD/public/treatment/cope/index.asp